OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain ManagementQualification Number: 601/8465/6
The objective of the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management qualification is to broaden learners’ understanding of logistics and supply chain management and is designed for those who wish to prepare for a first professional role and future career in the field. It is also suitable for logistics and supply chain professionals in the early stages of their career looking to enhance their knowledge and skills and move to the next level professionally.
Successful completion of this qualification will equip learners with the specialist knowledge and skills needed to further their career as a logistics and supply chain professional as well as the opportunity to embark on further study towards a relevant Master’s programme with advanced standing.
For entry onto the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management qualification, learners must possess:
- An honours degree in related subject or UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre)
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency. For more information visit English Language Expectations page in this website.
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 7 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Master’s Degrees, Integrated Master’s Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) and Postgraduate Certificates.
The OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management consists of 8 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Principles of Logistics and Supply Chain Management (15 credits)
- Operations Design and Management (15 credits)
- International Logistics and Transport (15 credits)
- Supply Chain Planning and Management (15 credits)
- Procurement and Purchasing (15 credits)
- Supply Chain and Operations Strategy (15 credits)
- Sustainable Logistics Management (10 credits)
- Business Research Methods (20 credits)
Duration and delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Assessment and verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
Achieving the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their further study. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to progress to Master’s top-up programmes at many universities in the UK and overseas with advanced standing. For more information visit University Progressions page in this website.