OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain ManagementQualification Number: 603/4593/7
The objective of the OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills required by a middle or senior manager in an organisation, and who may be involved in managing organisational logistics and supply chain.
For entry onto the OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 5 diploma or equivalent recognised qualification
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency. For more information visit English Language Expectations page in this website.
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 6 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Bachelor’s Degrees with Honours, Bachelor’s Degrees, Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates.
The OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management qualification consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Entrepreneurship Development (20 credits)
- Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management (20 credits)
- International Logistics Management (20 credits)
- Project Management (20 credits)
- Strategic Procurement (20 credits)
- Supply Chain Planning and Control (20 credits)
Duration and delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study, but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Assessment and verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
Successful completion of Level 6 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management qualification provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including progression to relevant OTHM Level 7 Diplomas. The Level 6 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management has been developed with career progression and professional recognition in mind. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to gain direct entry into relevant Master’s degree programmes. For more information visit University Progressions page in this website.