OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain ManagementQualification Number: 603/4546/9
The objective of the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management is intended to develop learners’ understanding of policy, management theory and practice in logistics and supply chain management. It provides learners with an opportunity to engage with the challenges facing professionals and policy makers in their own country. They will provide knowledge that underpins the ability to work as an effective manager in the sector. They combine both theoretical and practical knowledge in the profession and will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of leading change, effective planning and risk assessment and forecasting. Learners will be able to work in a variety of roles within logistics and supply chain management.
For entry onto the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 4 diploma or equivalent recognised qualification
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency. For more information visit English Language Expectations page in this website.
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 5 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Foundation Degrees, Higher National Diplomas (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor's degree.
The OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management qualification consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Business Communication (20 credits)
- Purchasing, Supplier Management and Negotiation (20 credits)
- Supply Chain Management (20 credits)
- Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility (20 credits)
- Strategic Management (20 credits)
- Supply Chain Risk Assessment and Forecasting (20 credits)
Duration and delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study, but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Assessment and verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
Achieving the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their further study. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to gain direct entry into Final year of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree. For more information visit University Progressions page in this website.