Frequently Asked Questions
Who is OTHM?
We are a global provider in awarding British qualifications. We have a network of numerous delivery centres globally to deliver our qualifications.
OTHM is an established and recognised Awarding Organisation (Certification Body) launched in 2003 as a not-for-profit organisation. Tens of thousands of learners have attained our qualifications and gained advance entry into UK Degree final year and Masters top-up programmes.
Who regulates OTHM?
Our quality team includes established academic from UK universities and industry experts who are responsible in overseeing our entire qualification development and assessment processes to meet high standard.
- We are regulated and approved by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation).
- We are a recognised Awarding Body by Qualifications Wales.
- We are a full member of Federation of Awarding Bodies (FAB).
Is OTHM a university?
We are an awarding body not a university. We work with university partners and approved centres to offer programmes either online or in-country from level 3 (Foundation level), level 4 (Degree Year 1) up to level 7 (Masters level).
What are the qualifications available which are equivalent to the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF)?
- OTHM Level 3 Certificates / Diplomas are equivalent to Foundation level
- OTHM Level 4 Diplomas are equivalent to Degree Year 1
- OTHM Level 5 Diplomas are equivalent to Degree Year 2
- OTHM Level 6 Diplomas are equivalent to Degree Final Year
- OTHM Level 7 Diplomas are equivalent Masters / Postgraduate level
Why should I study OTHM qualifications?
- We are approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation);
- Our graduates are accepted into corresponding degree and masters top-up programmes with advanced standing;
- An affordable pathway to a UK degree and masters (top-up) programme than the universities;
- Flexible study option through approved delivery centres globally;
- The curriculum has a combination of academic and professional elements;
- Learners will gain the professional skills expected by global employers;
- Option to become a professional member upon completion of certain level of our qualifications; and
- Increased potential for international career opportunities.
What will I get from the different OTHM programmes?
- Our Level 3 & 4 qualifications allow learners to gain practical operational training.
- Our Level 5 qualifications target individuals for supervisory management responsibility and make eligible to become an OTHM Associate Member (AOTHM).
- Our Level 6 qualifications prepare individuals for management of their chosen industry and make eligible to become an OTHM Full Member (MOTHM).
- Our Level 7 (Postgraduate) qualification prepares individuals for senior management positions and consultancy work within the industry and make eligible to become OTHM Full Member (MOTHM).
Where can I study OTHM qualifications?
We have a network of numerous delivery centres globally to delivery our qualifications. Find an approved centre in this website or contact the our team at email@example.com
Do I need to become a registered learner in order to study an OTHM qualification??
Yes, you will need to become a registered learner of OTHM through an Approved Centre. You will need to pay a one-off registration fee through the Centre according to the level and size of the qualification that you will be studying. You don't have to pay any renewal fees for the same qualification. If you pursue the next level, you must register for new qualification. Please note that, our delivery centres will charge tuition fees for providing lectures and other academic supports. We have no control over the tuition fee a centre may charge. The tuition fee varies form centre to centre and/or based on the location. So, it is your responsibility to find out the registration fee payable to OTHM and the tuition fees payable to the study centre before under taking a qualification.
Will I be able to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan?
Yes if you are studying one of our level 3, 4, 5 and 6 qualifications with one of our approved delivery centres in England, you may be eligible to receive an Advanced Learner Loan.
You will be eligible if you are:
- Aged 19 or over on the first day of the course
- Are a UK national or have ‘settled status’
- Planning to study with OTHM at the levels mentioned.
There are also other criteria which you may fulfil – you can check out the government’s eligibility criteria here:
You can check our quick guide to see if you meet the criteria, and you can contact us for more information.
How do I become an OTHM Professional Member?
We welcome our learners to gain Professional Membership via the qualification route (combined with some appropriate work experience). Those learners that have completed our Level 5 Diploma may apply for Associate Membership and those that have completed the Level 6 or 7 Diploma may apply for Full Membership. For more information, visit Membership page in this website.
Will I be able to apply to a UK university to study further?
Yes, we have established agreements with a number of UK universities who will confirm your exemptions and advanced entry points into their Bachelor's and Master’s top-up degree programmes. For more information, visit University Progressions page in this website.
What are my entry options to the OTHM qualifications?
An individual need to be at least 18 years old to register as a learner. Individuals may join our qualifications with ‘O’ Levels, ‘A’ Levels or an equivalent level of qualification. Mature learners with few or no formal qualifications are still eligible to join our Level 3 qualifications. Learners with relevant industry experience and qualifications may be eligible to enter from Level 4 qualifications up to and including Level 7. For further details, visit Qualifications page in this website or contact an approved centre near you.
How will I submit assignments, receive my result and claim certificate?
Most of our qualifications are coursework based. Your study centre (OTHM approved centre) is responsible for:
- Delivering the qualifications
- Assessing your works internally
- Conduct Internal Verification (IV)
- Arrange External Verification (EV) by us
- Certificates are issued within 2 weeks of successful External Verification visit
How can I order replacement certificates and/or transcripts?
A replacement certificate / transcript for our qualifications may be ordered by completing Certificate Transcript Replacement Form. Replacement certificates / transcripts are clearly marked as ‘REPLACEMENT’ and may be requested by a learner (candidate) or by the centre where the learner has attended the qualifications. Visit Fees Related Information page in this website for certificate replacement fees.
We reserve the right to request payment and/or additional information and identification details for learners before issuing replacement certificates.
If you can't find an answer from above information, please contact at: firstname.lastname@example.org